a

a
CLICK PHOTO TO LINK TO OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: It’s important to note that the posts in this page are NOT intended to be a medical reference or to replace professional care during pregnancy, labor, or birth.

Thursday 19 February 2015

Gaining Knowledge & Confidence in Breastfeeding

Greetings Mummies..

During my previous two pregnancies, I never had any engorgement or breastmilk leaking. Nor did I ever truly believed that I would succeed breastfeeding. That is why I was even not bothered to gain knowledge about breastfeeding during my first pregnancy. Despite being a final year medical student at that time, I simply thought breastfeeding was as simple as placing baby to breast and baby drinks and all is happy :-)
Little did I know that it takes a lot of learning and preparation. Hence I only managed to breastfeed my eldest for 2 months.

The dissapointment of not being able to breastfeed my 1st child for long haunted me. My confidence was crushed. Then 3 years later, Alhamdulillah, I conceived my second child. Yes, I was more prepared this time. Gained more knowledge and prepared breastfeeding equipments. But when the time came to actually breastfed her, I was challenged since she had difficulty latching (she had tongue tie which was only detected when she was few months old). Hence, my milk supply dropped until it was totally dried out. Alhamdulillah, I managed to regain full supply via pumping exclusively and once in a while my daughter latches. I managed to provide her breastmilk fully until the age of 2 years and 3 months. At the same time, I even had some extra milk and became a milk mother of two beautiful children, Subhanallah.

Just after 1 month of stopping nursing my second child, my milk dried up and I conceived for the 3rd time, Alhamdulillah.
At 22 weeks gestation, I felt discomfort and fullness. I tried expressing and Subhanallah, to my surprise, manage to get the amount of milk (as in the picture)!


It shows that breastfeeding is all about having FAITH, CONFIDENCE &KNOWLEDGE that you can breastfeed! I regained confidence after providing my second child breastmilk for quite a long time. Therefore, Alhamdulillah this time around, just at 22weeks gestation, milk already came in!!

Of course, this also shows "rezeki" @ sustainance for offspring is already provided by our Creator even when the fetus is in the womb, MashaAllah!

So moral of the story Mummies, is FAITH, CONFIDENCE & KNOWLEDGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment